Tuesday, September 15, 2009

There Has Been Knitting

It has been a long time since I posted again, and a lot has happened in my life. I stopped working about a year ago, and it seems I'm finally starting to adjust. There were months where I hardly knit, but I am back in the swing of things, and knitting mostly socks at the moment. I do have two shawls in progress, and a sweater for myself as well. I recently finished these socks, done with handpainted Wildfoote from the Brown Sheep Company in the colorway Rhapsody. The socks had not been washed yet (gasp) when the photos were taken because I didn't have any white vinegar, and Brown Sheep suggests you wash with vinegar the first time, I'm assuming to help set the colors.
I used a Slipped-Stitch Rib Pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. These are for my niece, who likes her socks short.

I had my picture taken with Hawkeye our regional baseball team's mascot last week. (Go Redhawks Northern League Champions 2009!) I love Hawkeye and have since I first saw him. He is adorable and makes me giggle and smile and I couldn't resist asking him to hold my sock. You can't tell it's a sock yet and I look like a dope but it didn't make a bit of difference at the time.












I made some brown beaded socks out of Pagewood Farms Cashmere Sock. The pattern is Seeds and Beads by Wendy McDonnell. I don't have a shot on a foot, but here they are done. The socks slouch between the beaded rows and it creates a lovely spiral effect. This yarn is pure heaven on your feet, and once I got used to placing the beads with the crochet hook, I was on my way.I have a couple of other pairs of socks done, and two more on the needles.

I will try to get more photos and post again shortly. I'd like to be a better blogger when the weather cools off. I have spent most of my time knitting outside this summer like this: And I don't expect that will last for a whole lot longer. Until then, me and my buddy will bask in the sunshine, knit and chase squirrels.

No comments: